Caves & Associates (C&A), an independent financial planning and investment advisory firm, is committed to safeguarding the confidential information of its clients. We hold all personal information provided to our firm in the strictest confidence. These records include all personal information that we collect from you in connection with any of the services provided by C&A. We have never disclosed information to non-affiliated third parties, except as permitted by law, and do not anticipate doing so in the future. If we were to anticipate such a change in firm policy, we would be prohibited under the law from doing so without advising you first. As you know, we use health and financial information that you provide to us to help you meet your personal financial goals while guarding against any real or perceived infringements of your rights of privacy. Our policy with respect to personal information about you is listed below.
- We permit employee access to information only to those who have a business or professional reason for knowing, and only to non-affiliated parties as permitted by law. (For example, federal regulators permit us to share a limited amount of information about you with a brokerage firm in order to execute securities transactions on your behalf, or so our firm can discuss your financial situation with your accountant or lawyer). All employees are required to sign Confidentiality Agreements which prohibit disclosure of nonpublic personal information of clients and prospective clients.
- We maintain a secure office and computer environment to ensure that your information is not placed at unreasonable risk.
- The categories of nonpublic personal information that we collect from a client depend upon the scope of the client engagement. It will include information about your personal finances, information about your health to the extent that it is needed for the planning process, and information about transactions between you and third parties.
- For unaffiliated third parties that require access to your personal information, including financial service companies, consultants, and auditors, we require strict confidentiality in our agreements with them and expect them to keep this information private. Federal and state regulators also may review firm records as permitted under law.
- We do not provide your personally identifiable information to mailing list vendors or solicitors for any purpose.
- Personally identifiable information about you will be maintained during the time you are a client, and for the required time thereafter that such records are required to be maintained by federal and state securities laws, and consistent with the CFP Board of Ethics and Professional Responsibility and the Code of Ethics and Standards and Rules of Professional Conduct of the Association for Investment Management and Research. After the required period of record retention, all such information shall be destroyed.